Issue: OEM Customer having chronic problems with breaking parts from an obsolete supplier.
Review: Milco Engineering met with plant personnel to review existing designs and problems.
- Milco’s evaluation reveals design shortcomings of the customer’s current weld guns.
- Milco proposes redesign of main gun components to be installed as “kits” on existing obsolete guns.
- Milco designs and builds “kits” consisting of replacement arms, yokes, side plates and shanks according to Milco design standards.
- The purchase and installation of the Milco “kits” represented a significant savings compared to purchasing complete replacement weld guns.
- The redesigned components are working as intended without issue.
- Satisfied customer with dramatically reduced downtime and related expenses.
- Customer has come back to Milco multiple times since for additional help on similar problems, including a major installation of new Milco weld guns.